Dryer Vent Cleaning
AIRTEK handles dryer vent cleaning, vent issues, and more for single and multi-family dwellings, hotels, hospitals and laundromats. We also have a certified dryer exhaust technician (CDET) on staff, a designation awarded to those who show competency in dryer exhaust safety and fire prevention by completing a written exam.
The majority of dryer vents should be cleaned once a year, but depending on the age of the dryer, frequency of use, and the length of the vent, more frequent attention may be needed. AIRTEK cleans dryer ducts a number of ways, including crawling the ductwork or using lint-removal equipment. The loosened lint or other debris is then extracted and removed, resulting in a cleaner, dryer environment.
A blocked vent is ultimately problematic for many reasons:
- The accumulation of highly combustible lint and reduced exhaust airflow increases the chance of fire
- Dryers work harder, increasing energy/utility bills and shortening the lifespan of the appliance
- Clothes take longer to dry, resulting in wasted energy and resources
- Potential to damage clothes
- Triggers mechanical failures (thermostat, limit switch, damaged screen, or crushed hose)
- Potential to cause carbon monoxide to be released (with gas dryers), which can be fatal with prolonged exposure.