Los Angeles Apartment Complex with Bed Bug Infestation
Alliance Environmental was contacted by a property management company regarding a bed bug infestation in eight units. After a thorough investigation, a work plan was designed to eradicate the bed bugs via heat treatment.
Prior to Alliance’s mobilization, the tenants were temporarily relocated to hotels. The work areas consisted of eight individual two-story units of approximately 1,100 square feet. When applying the heat treatment for bed bugs, we normally recommend that the tenants leave all their personal items in the unit to ensure that there is no transference, which is a situation where bed bugs attach themselves to individuals’ clothing or body and are moved to another area or potentially brought back into an area that has just been eradicated. The beg bugs heat treatment ensures that all pests (as well as their eggs) are destroyed completely.
With Alliance’s trained technicians and heat treatment technology, we were able to successfully eradicate the bed bugs from all eight units in approximately two days.
Killing Bed Bugs in Campground Cabins
Alliance was contacted by a campground that was experiencing a bed bug infestation, which clearly had to be resolved before they allowed anymore visitors.
Using heat technology, each of the 21 cabins was heated to 140° F for 5 to 6 hours. This temperature is lethal for bed bugs and their eggs. All mattresses and furniture were left inside for full heat exposure and to ensure that all bedbugs were eradicated.
Along with heating each cabin, the belongings of each camp counselor were heated to ensure the cabins were not re-contaminated as bed bugs can travel anywhere. If the camp counselors were occupying the bed bug infested cabins, their suitcases and duffle bags were most likely infested as well.
The job was completed in just two days and the campsite was then able to open its doors for full occupancy.
Restoring Health to a Home
Unknown causes kept a family in Montecito, California sick with chronic allergies. Alliance Environmental was asked to heat the entire house. At the time of treatment, Alliance was only the second company in the U.S. to be trained and licensed for this simple, but effective procedure.
Using a trailer mounted heater, portable-powered propane heaters, air scrubbers and air movers, we injected dehumidified air into the home. Alliance Environmental’s goal was to heat the house to 120 – 130 degrees in order to improve the indoor air quality. Heating the house accelerated the removal of odors, toxins and allergens that could be causing the family’s medical conditions. The house was heated for 72 hours, reaching lethal temperatures of 155 degrees.
Alliance was not only successful in fixing the problem via heat treatment, but also in removing any mold, bacteria viruses, or biological pests that were present, allowing the family to breathe easier.
Single Family Home With Termite Infestation
Alliance Environmental was called to heat a 2,000 square foot, single family home in the Bay area with an extensive termite infestation throughout the home and garage. The home is attached to another structure so fumigation would only be effective if both structures were treated. The homeowner decided to go with heat to eradicate the termites so the neighbor would not be impacted and to limit the chemical exposure to the homeowner’s family. The heating process utilized approximately eight heaters to heat both the inside and outside of the home and took nine hours to eradicate the termites.
Alliance Environmental Group worked closely with a Salinas-based restoration company that was attempting to remove an odor from a school gymnasium. The school was unable to identify where the odor was coming from, but had received complaints from teachers, students and parents. Alliance’s experts supplied the Hydronic trailer and worked with the restoration company – which provided the fans and manpower – to heat the gym to approximately 120 degrees over six days. During the heating process, air was constantly exhausted from the structure to ensure the odor was not re-absorbing into other building materials. After the heating process was completed, the odor was reduced by 50 percent.