The weather is getting very hot and it already feels like summer. If you are a homeowner be aware of termites. Termites can appear any time of the month. However termites swarm during the spring and summer months and it is the time when a homeowner may notice termites in their home. When termites appear in your home it can be costly and generally home insurance will not be covered through the homeowners insurance policy.
According to the National Pest Management Association, every year termites cause around $5 billion in property damage. Termites can be a threat to your property because they are unseen. They are in the walls and little by little homeowners begin to see signs of damage in their home. It really only takes 1 colony of termites to damage a home. There are 5 ways that a homeowner can protect themselves from termites.
- Fix Broken Roof Tiles-Moisture allows to enter your home and termites really enjoy moisture.
- Fix Leaking Down Pipes-Any moisture in your home can cause a termite infestation.
- Remove any debris from the home- Any firewood, plants or trash can be a food source and moisture for termites to live.
- Close any foundation cracks-Termites can enter through the cracks.
- Keep Garden mulch away from the foundation of a home-Wood and Moisture are two of a termites favorite things to eat on and create a welcoming condition for termites.
Even if you do not see a infestation going on, it does not mean that one is not happening below the surface. At Alliance Environmental Group,Inc we offer a environmentally friendly method. One of the best methods to eliminate dry wood termites is to use heat. It is an environmentally friendly alternative to chemicals and improves the quality of your home as well. If you do find any dry wood termites contact us and we may be able to assist you.