Our own Krystle Pacay went along on a lead removal project last week and sent in this report!
We were called in to an apartment in Pomona, California because of a positive test for lead in the ceiling after water from upstairs caused damage in the bedroom.
But lead paint removal, to be done safely, takes preparation and isolation to prevent any lead dust contaminating other parts of the residence or going home with the cleanup crew.
Then the lead paint removal team can move in and start the project:
You can see here that there was a lot to clean up:
The team from Alliance Environmental Group removed the lead paint and damaged building materials and disposed of it all properly, without danger to themselves, the apartment residents or Krystle!
We expect our teams to send us even more great process photos of future projects. Thanks, Krystle! See you next time!
Wendy Stackhouse is the Online Community Manager and Blogger for Alliance Environmental Group and AirTek. We welcome your comments and questions! For more news and tips or talk to our experts, Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter! For updates on indoor air challenges, Like us at AirTek on Facebook!