The largest earthquake since 1989 hit wine country this weekend and our beloved Napa Valley wineries have a big cleanup project ahead. This is not your dinner guest’s red wine stain on the carpet!
It’s hard to think of a worse place for an earthquake for California businesses and tourism–buildings filled with glass bottles holding irreplaceable beverages! But that’s where it hit.
What are we doing to help clean up from the Napa Valley earthquake?
We are getting calls to help clean up from this terrible natural disaster and we have our teams in place already. We are cleaning up:
- Tons of broken glass and dangerous glass shards
- Broken wooden barrels
- Wine–ever open a bad bottle? Leave it where it is and it will draw mold spores like crazy!
- Water used to clean up is another mold risk
- Other dangerous materials exposed by the earthquake, like asbestos
Our tips for smaller wine spills:
- Treat the stain right away–don’t wait until your guests go home or for morning. Get to it as soon as you can.
- Blot–do not rub–excess wine with paper towels or something you don’t mind getting stained.
- Rinse with cold water–hot will set the stain–preferably from behind, if you can lift the fabric. Blot the water up immediately after rinsing.