We are looking for a Prevailing Wage Specialist to join our team! Corporate Office in Azusa, CA.
Job Type: Full-time
*Benefits: Health, Dental insurance and Vision insurance and more.
WHO WE ARE:
Alliance has been in business for over 25 years and is one of the most experienced and trusted environmental contractors . To date, Alliance staff members have successfully completed more than 160,000 projects — from residential duct removals to full-scale commercial building abatement.
Job Summary Overview:
The Certified Payroll Specialist/ Prevailing Wage Payroll Specialist will be responsible for all Labor Compliance tasks related with Public Works projects. In this role, you will ensure PW payroll is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. The qualified candidate will have knowledge and expertise in processing certified payroll, reporting, and proper recordkeeping.
Major Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Responsible for preparing fringe benefit statements, DAS 140, DAS 142
- Determine wage rates and determine trade classification
- Experience working in the Department of Labor & Industries(DIR/LCP Tracker) Website filing intents to pay prevailing wage, affidavits of wages paid, uploading certified payroll and verifying uploaded subcontractor certified payroll
- Guarantee legal compliance in completing all paperwork including all federal, state and local laws regarding prevailing wage and certified payroll reporting
- Communicate and respond to all prevailing wage questions/concerns from all departments and Local Agencies to resolve any discrepancies in regard to Certified Payroll Reporting submissions
- Assist Payroll Supervisor and VP of Finance in payroll functions as needed
- Maintain Confidentiality and handle sensitive calls and files
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with staff
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by VP of Finance, Controller and Payroll Supervisor
- Education, Experience and Skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in Certified Payroll/Prevailing Wage
- Experience with Department of Industrial Relations (DIR), Electronic Certified Payroll Reporting (E-CPR), LCP Tracker Software
- Knowledge of Labor Compliance, Multi-State, Project Labor Agreement (PLA) requirements, Federal and State Prevailing Wage determination and processing.
- Microsoft Office 2000; Outlook, Word and Excel Required
- Infor Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Database Program Preferred, but can be trained
- Timberline/Sage 300 Knowledge preferred
- Customer Service Oriented & Multi-Tasking Skills
- Exceptionally organized, accurate, and have a high level of attention to detail
- Able to perform effectively under pressure
- Excellent phone communication and interpersonal skills
- College Degree Preferred
Keywords: Compliance Officers; Labor Compliance Analyst; Prevailing Wage Payroll Clerk