Our Fire Damper Testing and Repair Services
At Alliance Environmental, we have over two decades of experience inspecting and repairing fire dampers. We’ll monitor your fire damper’s performance, diagnose problems, provide timely solutions and complete detailed reports of our work. We’ll also establish a containment area to prevent dust from spreading and expedite our cleanup process.
Fire Damper Testing
Testing your fire damper is important in preventing flames from spreading through your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) ducts. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), dampers require inspection a year after installation and every four subsequent years. Inpatient hospital dampers require inspection every six years. A damper’s installation and performance must meet International Building and Fire Code (IBC) and National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) standards.
Alliance Environmental’s inspection services will ensure you comply with relevant fire damper regulations by:
– Locating, marking and operating all fire dampers.
– Verifying the damper closes by removing and resetting the fusible link.
– Developing a report that documents damper location and life safety plans, inspection logs, failure explanations and repairs for noncompliant dampers.
Fire Damper Repair
Under NFPA 80 and NFPA 105, inoperable dampers require immediate repair, so call Alliance Environmental for assistance. Our crews can:
– Adjust damper linkage.
– Repair the internal components that enable closure.
– Restore any altered damper tracks that prevent closure.
– Fix broken damper tabs.