The EPA Helps Reduce Children’s Exposure to Pests and Pesticides

We hear many cases about poor indoor air quality in schools and issues like mold found in schools. Another concern that we might not hear often, but is important for a school’s environment is a pesticide problem. Creating a healthy environment for students and teachers is important so that students are able to feel comfortable while being in school. Keeping that in mind, a few days ago the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), shared a press release about awarding schools more than $500,000 to help reduce children’s exposure to pests and pesticides. Pesticides are designed to eliminate pests but can cause health effects to individuals.

The Assistant Admissions for the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention states in the press release, “We aim to help schools implement sustainable pest management practices to create a healthier environment for our children and teachers.” Getting rid of pests is important but following proper procedures in doing the process is as important. Since a pesticide is a chemical that is used to prevent, kill and repel pests there are several symptoms that indicate pesticide poisoning. Below is a table made by Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety website indicating several symptoms:

Alliance Environmental technicians are highly-trained in using heat treatment for pest control. Heat treatment is an effective, safe, and environmentally friendly alternative to fumigation that can be used for entire structures, confined areas or localized spot treatments. It utilizes clean, dry, odorless heat instead of chemicals to kill mold, termites and bacteria and improve the indoor air quality.

Previous ArticleThermaPureHeat for Construction Dryouts Next ArticleThermapureHeat for Odors